Sunday, January 6, 2008

God is good...

Even though I was a bit lazy today, I was able to be involved in part of the plan God has in store for my life.

Lydia and I started a new church today in Manhattan called the journey. It is located at the Manhattan Center in the grand ballroom. There are three services held at 10am, 1130am and 1pm ( and for those of you who know sleeping is my favorite pass time ), I attended the 1pm service. The service was full of people my age ( college students, young professionals ). I knew every song they played not to mention the songs were some of my favorite. They gave free Starbucks coffee, Jamie. New members were given books, Cds, and the options to sign up for different activities so you can receive more information. ( Andrea don't go driving me crazy, I'll join what I want...God is the boss, I know you try very hard to be, but you're not! ) I really enjoyed it!!!!!!!!

God is so good not only for all I have mentioned so far, but also today ( the first day I was able to go to this church ) was the first day of service this new year, the first day they started a new challenge called "serveONE" ( more info. soon to come ), and I believe the first day they discussed their next mission trip to South Africa ( which may be for me instead of the World Vision internship, but only time will tell, not my sister, I'll wait and see ).

After church, we went to our favorite Italian restaurant (so far ) by our apartment, called Carmine's Pizza. Afterwards, we were supposed to do laundry, but naps definitely pushed that out of the picture until tomorrow.

I have my first day of work tomorrow, so please keep me in your prayers....and I guess since now I'm somewhat committed to this, I'll keep whoever reads this posted.....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Who is this??? Do I know you??? I keed, I keed ;) You're cute...I love it! ;) South freakin' Africa? I'm so jealous! I really am so proud of you!

Just one thing...can you pretty please turn your pics around? Sanks :)

P.S. Contrary to what your ego wants you to believe, no one here is jealous of you...proud, not jealous...get it right, sista!